Can you imagine a world where every young girl has developed the confidence to empower herself through every area of her own life? My prayer is that we can one day reach the hearts and minds of every single young girl and help her understand her value is not determined by a boy. How? By teaching girls that they should focus their energy and attention on being smart. It becomes more difficult to open the social media and not be exposed to photos of young girls who are sharing mature poses to an audience they know absolutely nothing about. Every time I see these photos, I pray that God use me as a tool to reach young girls around the world and to help them see their value through Gods eyes… through the eyes of truth.
As an International pageant coach, I work with women from all over the world and many of my clients have shared with me the impact of lower confidence leading to girls not realizing their potential. Although I was raised in a family where we would have been considered poor, my mother stressed to each of us the importance of a good education. We were not allowed to have a boyfriend until we were at least well into our college years and would not make a poor decision to drop out of school to chase another person’s dreams. I thank God for sending my mom to us every day. She taught us that it was more important to develop your mind and values than it was your popularity. Because of this, I graduated with a Bachelor’s in Science Degree and knew I would be able to take care of myself under any circumstance.
When I look at the eyes of these young girls striking provocative poses, I have to ask myself where their lessons are being placed. Do their mothers know the photos their daughters are sharing on the internet, or have these young girls bought into the world of illusion that in order to be liked you must be sexy? What if we could teach all of our children the importance of priorities and the value of developing a loving relationship with yourself first? We would live in a world where young girls would realize the value of their voice and understand their potential lies within the power of their own thoughts and actions. How amazing would that be? If I could teach young girls across the world the importance of seeing the world through the eyes of truth, then I could help you each understand the following truths…
- Your mind is unlimited and has the power to create your greatest dreams or your deepest heartaches.
- Education is the most important part of your life. Without it, you risk your future and you let yourself down.
- You are not defined by your experienced. Despite any negative situations you have faced or are currently dealing with, you are only experiencing them… these do not define you.
- Although you may not have control over the world around you… you have complete control over how you react to the world around you.
- As a child of God, abundance of anything that brings you joy is your birthright. You are the creator of your life, so think intelligently and work hard to reach your goals.
- There is nothing… absolutely nothing… that you can do to separate yourself from the love of God. Remove judgment and move forward in reaching your greatest dreams.
- If you cannot find a role model to emulate, then become the role model you would have wanted to see so you can inspire another young girl.
- You don’t need the approval from the world around you who is also focused on getting approval from you. Turn off the social media and begin creating your life and reaching your potential.
After writing my books Through the Eyes of Truth – A Conversation with God about My Life, Your Life, & Discovering Our Purpose and Creating Utopia – Living Life as a Miracle Worker, I wanted to apply the principles I learned from my answered prayers. I feel there is a difference from just having the knowledge about something and actually applying that knowledge to your life. One of my goals for 2019 is to start the new year with new goals of applying the knowledge I gained through my conversations with God, to creating my goals of inspiring others. There are so many people who live in a continual state of fear, that you risk getting lost in that fear until it takes over your soul. If you want to change your life, then begin with a prayer and a deep conversation with God. Refocus your attention from the noise in the world around you to the sound of your internal God whispers. You will discover a deeper relationship with God, with yourself, and a healthier relationship with your own goals.
Honor Your God Whispers!